Blind Slat Frame

I LiNk uP hERe...
When we got our blinds, they were very long and we had to remove several slats to make them fit our windows. I couldn't bear to throw them away. I was sure I'd think of a fun kids craft for them.

... 4 years later I made one of these (but mine is not as cute):

The color of my walls is so close to the color of the burlap that I decided it needed a frame. Suddenly I remembered I had the blind slats that would be perfect. 

You will need two slats to make one frame.
Measure the width and length of the frame and subtract 2"
Use a pencil to draw marks on the frame (this will be the inside corners of the frame)
Then draw a 45 degree angle outward from your marks.
Tape slats together using packing tape (you can do several frames at the same time), and make the cuts.


Use glue to adhere the corners together. I was able to borrow some corner clamps to help it dry perfectly.



When the frame was dry, I used a glue gun to put it right on the picture.




4 comments:

Crystelle said...

What are you talking about: yours is not as cute!!!!!
I LOVE IT!!!!!

Nice job on the framing too!

Unknown said...

What a great idea!! A fab way to reuse blind slats too! So creative!

Thanks for linking up.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

cool! great job, thanks for sharing.
gail
ps wish I could borrow some corner clamps. Sure could have used them today! :(

Pam said...

Impressed at your inventiveness! Awesome job! Honestly, I wouldn't have wanted to throw them away either, but I don't know if I could have figured out such a clever way as this to reuse blind slats. :) Following along now thru The Sunday Showcase Party. Pam @ Sallygoodin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...