Cardboard Truck


While we were doing a "Community Helpers" theme at work, we had the children make cardboard trucks.  We used the same box for both trucks. The children had fun painting the box and loved playing in it during the week!!

You'll need:
sponges
paint
cardboard box
packing tape
chair


Set the box out with paint and sponges. Have the children paint the box and let it dry. Cut down along two corners of the front (about half way). Fold the front in at a 45-60 degree angle. Cut the sides so they will connect with the folded front and tape it together. Cut the door by cutting strait down a side (closer to the back) and at the bottom. Place a chair inside for the seat.

To make it a mail truk, we added blue and red masking tape and a mail envelope.

To make a a fire engin paint red.

This idea was featured:

4 comments:

Judy Whatilivefor said...

Cute! I love the mail truck! Every time I bring a box home, my 3 year old begs to make it into something...our last adventure was a bus :)

Ashlee Marie said...

CUTE! WHERE did you get such large boxes? Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

Nina said...

When I was moving I went around asking for boxes. If I remember correctly this box was one I got from a local craft store. They let me go around back and take any box I wanted.

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

What a great activity! Just wanted to let you know I featured you on Tot Tuesdays this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...