3 cups -water
1 can - chicken broth
3 Tablespoons -butter or olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon- salt
1/2 teaspoon- pepper
1 pound - broccoli florets
2 cloves - minced garlic
1/2 cup - chopped onion
1 cup - uncooked Arborio Rice
1/2 cup - chopped green onion
1/3 cup - dry white wine
1/2 cup - heavy cream
1/3 cup - grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat water and broth in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add salt, pepper, and broccoli. cook until tender crisp. remove broccoli from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of butter, garlic, and onion. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add rice and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add wine and stir until absorbed.
- Increased heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup of water-broth mixture until liquid is absorbed. Continue stirring and adding remaining water-broth mixture 1 cup at a time allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another . Cook until rice is tender ad mixture has a creamy consistency (approximately 25-30 minutes).
- Stire in asparagus, green onion, cream, and cheese. Stir until mixture is creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.