Quick and Easy Alfredo

My husband mentioned he wanted to make some Alfredo at home. He was working late, so I surprised him with this and he loved it!


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 cups milk
  • 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

  1. Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.



I served this with bow-tie pasta and broccoli. It made a lot! I should invite someone over next time I make it.

I found this recipe HERE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you prepare this if you want to freeze it for later?

N said...

The same way. When I did it, I made a big batch. I divided some for dinner that night and froze the rest in freezer bags.

robswoman86 said...

Did you freeze just the sauce itself or the cooked pasta as well?

N said...

I have done it both ways. I usually just freeze the sauce because it saves freezer space.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...