GOOF NUTS

3 Tbsp. shortening
4 ½ cups sifted flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3 ½ tsp. baking powder
4 eggs
½ tsp. nutmeg
1 cup milk
¼ tsp. salt


Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each. Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with the milk. Drop by the teaspoon into hot (375º) oil and cook like donuts. Place on absorbent paper and roll in sugar. Makes about 100 goof nuts.

“One of my memories of Goof Nuts is that I was making them when I was pregnant with Frank and my water broke while we were making them. We finished them and then went to the hospital.” – Nadine

“Mom always made making goof nuts so much fun. One time when I was 9 years old the grease splashed and landed on my finger, it scared me to death! I still have the scar; I look at it often and remember how much I enjoyed making goof nuts and I appreciate how mom made working in the kitchen with her so fun.”- Charlene

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...