Yummy French Bread

My parents gave us their bread maker that was just taking up space in the garage. After some cleaning, I decided that I wanted to try it out. The first recipe I opened to was my mother-in-laws, so I decided to go with it. I was a little scared by the fact that it takes 3 hours to make, but I was able to do a lot of other things in between each steps. like the vacuuming that desperately needed to be done. Anyway, Eric really loved it!

  • 1 1/8 c. water
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
  • 3 c. flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. yeast
  • poppies seeds (optional)
Put ingredients in breadmaker on dough cycle. Flour board and top of dough; press with hands. Cut dough in half and let sit with damp cloth on it for 20 minutes. Roll out to french bread size. Put flour on cookie sheet and place bread pieces on sheet. Put wet dish towel over and let sit for 20 minutes. Spray bread with water and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Slice top of bread. Bake 15-20 minutes on 400 degrees. (takes approximately 3 hours to make.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...