HUNGARIAN STACKED POTATOES

Patrice


5 medium potatoes
10 hard boiled eggs, sliced
24 oz. smoked Polish sausage
24 oz. sour cream
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. paprika


Boil potatoes in salted water with skins on. Peel of skins while potatoes are still warm, and slice as thin as possible. In a bowl mix together sour cream, salt, paprika, and the yolk of 4 eggs. In a 9 x 13 baking dish layer potato slices, sausage, egg slices, and sour cream mixture, starting and ending with potatoes. Bake at 425ยบ for 35 minutes.

“This is my Americanized version of Rakott Krumpli. I tried making it a number of times after my mission with ingredients I could find at the supermarket, but could never get the flavor I remembered. I have yet to find a good substitute for Hungarian sausage, which is what makes this dish superior. Frank however loved each of my attempts and that is how this recipe has stuck in the family.” - Patrice

1 comment:

Matt and Rebecca said...

This is my husband's favorite from when he served in Hungary. Thank you so much for posting it so I could make it for him tonight! Yay!

Rebecca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...